Plumbing fixtures & fittings
- Dornbracht ultra-low-flow fixtures dramatically reduce water demand.
- High quality fixtures and fittings provide water efficiency without compromising aesthetics or functionality.
- Basin mixers with 1.1 gallon per minute (gpm) flow restrictors.
- Showerheads with 1.5 gpm flow restrictors that do not compromise the user’s shower experience.
- Dual-flush toilets with average 1.1 gallon per flush (gpf).
- Lead-free plumbing fittings that comply with Assembly Bill 1953.
- Domestic water and wastewater systems
- On-demand hot water loop quickly delivers hot water without constantly running pumps.
- PEX (cross-linked polyethylene) tubing eliminates need for copper piping.
- All wastewater (black and grey) fed to septic system and then to subsurface irrigation system so 100% of water is recycled and repurposed.
- PEX fire-sprinkler system is tied to a toilet, which continuously flushes water through the piping keeping it healthy; water in a typical fire-sprinkler system will sit stagnant for years.
- Pool heating
- Geothermal tubes and heat exchange pumps eliminate the need for a gas water heater ensuring the fossil fuel free status of the house. Six 300 ft. deep geothermal tubes were installed to support the pool. Other equipment includes Florida Geo Heat Pumps, Flat plate Pool Heat Exchanger and Grundfos Magna Pumps.
- Extensive energy modeling determined that a heated natural pond system in this climate would cause excessive heat loss, impairing the project’s ability to be net-zero energy. (See Landscape: Pool/Pond for more detail).